Q: Who can register to vote?
A: You are eligible to register to vote if the following is applicable:
- US citizen, and
- Resident of Massachusetts, and
- 18 years old on or before election day
- By Mail: Mail-in registration forms are widely available. To obtain a mail-in registration form please click here, or call 617-727-2828 or 1-800-462-VOTE and a form will be sent to you or you can download a National Voter Registration form. Mail the completed form to your local city or town hall. You should receive a confirmation notice in 2 to 3 weeks. If you do not, please contact your local election office to verify your voting status.
- In Person: Go to any registration location and complete an affidavit of registration, which must be answered truthfully under the penalty of perjury. The questions on the affidavit will include your name, residence and date of birth.
- At the Registry of Motor Vehicles: Keep your motor voter receipt until you receive confirmation from your local election official. If you do not receive any confirmation, please contact your local election office to verify your voting status.