Animal Control FAQ

Q: I found an injured wild animal. Can you help?

A: We are not licensed to handle wildlife.  However, we often are available to pick them up and assess them for rehabilitaion by a licensed wildlife rehabilitiaton or to provide euthansia if eneded. We strongly ecourage you to contact the following resources prior to contacting TJO.


Urban Wildlife, a Springfield based non-profit organization specializes in the rescue and rehabilitation of orphaned wildlife. Telephone 413-781-1505

Tuft university operates a wildlife clinic for injured wildlife. They do not accept healty orphaned animals.  Telephone  508-839-7918  Animals must be transported to them.