City Clerk FAQ

Q: What are restricted records?

A:Some birth, marriage and death records are restricted pursuant to Massachusetts Law ( child born out of wedlock, adoption, amendment, paternity, affidavit or corrections, etc.) meaning only the mother, the child, married couple,  or spouse may get a copy of these records. Pleae send or bring a photo copy of your driver's license or picture ID.